Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Best Wishes for the New Year

I wish everyone in this most civilized of communities (by which I mean Emperor vs. Elector) the best for the coming year. Most especially our congenial host, Bluebear Jeff.

For myself, I have little new to report regarding the Principality of Estria. A period of illness through December allowed me to make some incremeental progress, and also to catch up on my reading. Now I find myself pondering ways to insinuate the Barbary Corsairs a little more fully into the Estrian world, if only on the periphery.

In other, unrelated news, I have started another blog entitled "Pagálnikèlikh Gàqadóshumashumámrakoi: The Discernment of the Dual Dais" (catchy name, no?) in order to explore some themes that have always interested me in the late Prof. M.A.R. Barker's world of Tékumel. Some of you may be familiar with Tékumel, it is another form of old-school gaming I suppose.

Not that I am specifically interested in gaming Tékumel any more. Not as such. But I do love the world Prof. Barker created, and I love reading and writing about it now and then. If any of you are interested, you can find my blog (and links to others) here:  http://dualdais.blogspot.ca/

And events will continue to unfold in the Principality of Estria.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you, sir, for your good wishes.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes for the New Year, Principe!

    Tékumel always fascinated me -I never 'gamed' it, only use minis supposed to represent the Legion of the Sapphire Kirtle (and not looking at all like the image in 'Armies of Tékumel I', but cute nonetheless as psiloï to support my Aureola Rococo Amazons. But Prof. Barker created the richest and most original fantasy universe I know (more than Glorantha). And Tékumel minis would be perfect for a civilization of 'Ancient' level in any Lost World / 7th continent to be discovered by daring explorers in any period from Antiquity to the 'pulp' era -including the 18th C. of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I like the design of the The Forces of the Gran Ducato di Brescegnn so much so That I would to like paint up a few battalions. My question is the flags. I could just copy them of the site but the quality would not be that good. So I would like to ask if you had a better image of the flags that I could have. I plan to use Minden miniatures/Crann tar miniatures for the battalions. Thanks in advance. kind regards John Csonka.

    P.S. I really like this site and will you take it up again. I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.P.S I forgot to say that I am a great fan Tekumel fan as well. John

    ReplyDelete